Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week One in the MTC

Hello Family,

For one, send more DearElders. The letters can be short but they are free and I love them :)
For two, I love hearing from you all and about home. I look at the pictures I printed on a daily basis. Send more!! Also, in your emails or letters end with questions.. I'll answer all of them.

Companion: Katy Stradling from Snowflake, Arizona. She is quiet but we get along and she is super in tune with the Spirit. We are on the same level with the language so we practice a lot and speak as much as we can. WE LEARNED HOW TO SAY A PRAYER in Korean! So cool.

District: AWESOME. There are four Elders and six Sisters. We are all pretty focused and determined which I love. There is one in particular that I really like, Elder Kai Jorgensen. Him and Derek are the same person down to his manorisms.. idk  how to spell that. But this Elder keeps me sane because I miss talking to my brother. I miss all of you but this Elder is Derek's twin I think haha.

Korean: SO AMAZING. Remember how much I love puzzles? This language is just that and I love it. I can pronounce anything!! I feel so smart. We have learned some simple phrases and such. I am trying to build my vocabulary and it is going great so far. Thank you for all of the prayers, I can definitely feel The Lord working in my life. You all are the best!

I used to be nervous, not even a little anymore. This is such an organized place (duh) but it is pretty awesome. My teacher is THE BEST. He got back almost two years ago and he really connects with the whole class to help us all learn in our unique ways.

On day three my companionship taught our first lesson! We are scheduled to teach lessons Monday, Wednesday-Friday... all in Korean. Our speech is broken but the Spirit and gift of tongues are so real. Last night in our lesson we taught Sister Kim how to pray. We explained why we pray and how we do it. I offered a prayer as an example then she followed with a simple prayer. I am so proud of myself because I understand a lot more than I thought I would. The church is true.

Once I got her all of the senior missionaries told us to just make it until Sunday and everything will be okay. SO TRUE. We were able to listen to President Shin. He shared something I that really put things into prospective for me. So when we earn money we pay tithing. Once we seal the envelope and hand it off to the bishop that is now consecrated money and the Lords money. A similar thing happened when I was set apart as a missionary. Once the blessing was sealed on my head, my time and efforts are the Lords. I am working as hard as I can to make sure none of that time is wasted.

On Sundays we are all given a topic as a ward, we all are required to prepare a talk and once in the sacrament meeting people are called on to speak.. AT RANDOM. A side from the topic we are required to speak three minutes in Korean and two minutes in English to sum up what we were trying to say haha. It will be a cool experience but also very scary.

Also last week (Wednesday-Sunday) was considered my first week. So I will be here for a total of 9. So I will be in the same room with all the sisters from my district for the whole time.... idk. Just kidding. They are easy-going and so helpful.

So what were you guys doing late Saturday night? Probably something fun. I was busy getting sick. wah. I had a stuffy nose, sore throat, and achy eyes. Sunday morning I woke up with goop sealing my eyes shut! GROSS! Since that was the opposite of normal I spoke to the Doctor on call. Since it was Sunday I was escorted off campus to pick up some eye drops from the local Rite Aid (AKA, I used my credit card pa). The drops didn't do much the first day so my eyes were bright red and they hurt. The attached picture is nasty but just in case you missed my beautiful face... jk I was crazy swollen and the goop was so yucky. Monday night I asked my Elders to give me a blessing, the church is true and I am back to normal.

GOSH so much to share and so little time. Sunday we were able to take a walk to the temple and today we did a session with my whole branch. 95 people!! It was awesome. I got back like an hour ago haha.

Idk what else to say but send more letters. Also, my baptismal picture (printed), also deodorant in Korea is scares... so maybe send that when I am shipped over seas, and also mama can you send me panties please. Smell knows where my stuff it.

I love you all.
I love the language.
I love my district.
I love the church.

xo,
Sister Sloan
Cliche Mission District Picture

Look who I found at the temple!

District Sisters with our Dork Dots. First day.  Stradling, Me, Cheney, Hilton, Burgoyne, Scott

Temple day

The first rule I broke.. accidently touched him...

Friend from Las Vegas airport going to Ohio

The nasty eye... I just threw up

Derek's real twin

sesh at the temp with the branch

Favorite Sister Missionary

The tag

No comments:

Post a Comment