Happy Tuesday everyone!
I have made it through three weeks for the MTC! Korean is crazy! We still have sooo many grammar forms to go over. My brain is a little scrambled. P-day is definitely an inspired day to let missionaries recoop from the crazy schedule.
Along with progressing investigators, we had TRC (teaching resource center) on Saturday. This is where people volunteer to come in and let missionaries practice teaching. Sister Stradling and I were pretty intimidated, because we were out numbered. There were three brothers in the room we were assigned to. Two were native Koreans (one having been in the US for only a year) and one just got home from his mission in Korea. They spoke so fast!! But they were very helpful and patient. It was actually a confidence boost; not because I spoke Korean well, but because we had the spirit and were able to teach. Pretty cool experience.
Sunday was my favorite day this week. Our ward had 96 missionaries (10 districts). As of today we are down to 30ish (3 districts) haha. Sacrament meeting was amazing!! The 23 native Koreans sang the Army of Helamen and Sisters in Zion medley. I promise there was not a dry eye in the chapel. I am falling in love with the Korean language. I think that song sounds more powerful in Korean. I love it!!
I am sad to see 2/3rds of our ward go; however, I am so excited for them to be in Korea and "Blaze the Trail" as President Shin said. Saying goodbye and signing memory books was sad and exciting. Just before everyone had to return to their residence, our whole Korean branch lined the halls of 7M to sing all three verses of "God be with you til' we Meet Again" in Korean. It was awesome!! I cannot wait until I can read the words as fast as the natives.
Also, I am so happy that Derek surprised me when my district went on a walk to the temple. I may or may not have cried. A sister looked at me and said, "Wait, is that your brother?" I guess I show my pictures to my district enough that they can recognize my friends and family. I think I might have gotten whiplash as I turned around to see if it was him. As soon as I saw him, I took off running. The tears started the second I saw him, see me. I love him so much. If anyone else is in the area on Sundays...I wouldn't mind more visits :)
I am sad to see 2/3rds of our ward go; however, I am so excited for them to be in Korea and "Blaze the Trail" as President Shin said. Saying goodbye and signing memory books was sad and exciting. Just before everyone had to return to their residence, our whole Korean branch lined the halls of 7M to sing all three verses of "God be with you til' we Meet Again" in Korean. It was awesome!! I cannot wait until I can read the words as fast as the natives.
Also, I am so happy that Derek surprised me when my district went on a walk to the temple. I may or may not have cried. A sister looked at me and said, "Wait, is that your brother?" I guess I show my pictures to my district enough that they can recognize my friends and family. I think I might have gotten whiplash as I turned around to see if it was him. As soon as I saw him, I took off running. The tears started the second I saw him, see me. I love him so much. If anyone else is in the area on Sundays...I wouldn't mind more visits :)
Thank you for all of the letters and prayers. I have a lot of letters to reply to today so I will try to get to them all. At 1PM today we are doing a session in the temple with the whole Korean branch...or everyone that is left. Also, after that I will get back on the computer and send some pictures. My laundry is almost done and I forgot my camera.
I love you!!
Sister Sloan
| Look who happened to be at the Temple today! |

No comments:
Post a Comment