High school has been over for a few years now, college life is in full swing and serious jobs are on our minds. For me, college and work has been put on hold as I am taking a huge step out of my comfort zone to serve as a full-time missionary. While preparing I have often stepped back to look at how far I have come. Reuniting with old high school friends at the wedding especially helped me see the changes I have made in my life just in the passed couple of years. One friend in particular was introducing me to a group of people. They were drinking and asking if I wanted a drink. Before I had time to respond, this friend stopped them and said, "AnneMarie doesn't drink. She can hang but since high school she has been going back to her church." It was cool to see the reaction that statement provoked. I pounded some knuckles and gave some high fives haha. My religion has become a huge priority in my life and I am happy that my friends see and respect that.
With change comes the unknown. This part scares me. Although changes occur everyday, it never seems to get any easier for me. I have always been a planner; schedules and details always give me peace of mind. As I have prepared to enter the mission field, I have spoken with a number of people. They all tell me the same things, such as:
- Prepare to work hard
- Follow the rules
- Be ready to face a lot of rejection
- Embrace the culture
- Make mistakes and love them (pertaining to the language)
- This will be the best yet hardest thing you've done thus far
- Be yourself
- Put all your truth in God
- Be believing
Change is good and it makes us all better. Just as clay changes to create beautiful pottery, I am completely putting myself in The Lords hands to shape and mold me to who He wants me to be.
Embrace the change. Life goes on with or without you.
AM
Wow. So Impressed with you! You truly have grown up to be a remarkable young woman. I'm so excited to see what the Lord will do with you!
ReplyDelete